Sometimes I get a hankering for an Elvis Sandwich, but don’t have a hankering for a heart attack. Here’s how I try to accomplish the former without the latter.
- 12 grams PB2
- organic jerky of some kind that is low in fat and high in protein
- half a banana
- 1/4th cup egg beaters or egg white
- 1 tsp. cinnamon sugar
- 8 or 10 in. whole wheat high fiber tortilla
- Frying Pan
- Food processor or coffee Grinder
- George Foreman or Panini Press (optional)
How to Make it:
- take your half banana and dice it up into small cubes like those shown in the picture below.
- Put the jerky in a grinding implement and process till its dust. mix 12 grams of PB2 with 2 tbsp of Jerky dust and add water one tbsp at a time. The beauty/trick with this is that you can make your meanut butter as thick or soupy as you want.
- Mix one tbsp of cinnamon sugar with your eggbeater or egg white and beat it like it owes you money or till it is one homogeneous mixture
- Put cinnamon sugar egg mixture (bastard tamago) into a frying pan with the chopped bananas and scramble to desired doneness.
- Put scrambled tamago/ banana mixture into tortilla and top with meanut butter that you made earlier. IMPORTANT: in order to taste all of the flavors you should put the meanut butter directly over the scrambled tamago so you taste it first. It will be joined/slightly overpowered by the sweetness of the bananas which will taste like maduros.
- (Optional)Fold wrap and place in George foreman to seal it/get desired grill marks. IMPORTANT: Be careful not to press down hard or forget to use Pam on the grill. Failure to heed these warnings will result in a messy Elvis 😦
- You can either eat it hot or let it cool. I usually let it cool because I like it better that way. Sometimes I have been known to freeze it, cut it up and eat it that way. You probably wont like it frozen. I’m really weird.
Meanut Butter= 70 cals
Banana = 50 cals
Cinnamon Tamago = 45 cals
Tortilla = 60 cals
Total = 225 cals